Tuesday, July 23, 2013

zucchiniphone!

I'm gonna call you on my zucchini-phone!!


Ahoy people with toddlers and preschoolers! What do you do with your zucchini (aside from baking it into cake) to get your kids to eat the stuff? I've tried breading it, baking it, BBQing it, stuffing it, frying it, and even giving it to the kids raw with dip, with little luck. I even have an entire freaking cookbook on how to cook zucchini and none of them are a go. But frankly, I can't really blame the little guys. My taste buds have died back a little bit since I was a kid, but I distinctly remember them tasting like garbage. Literally. And the texture of cooked zucchini still reminds me of cross between an inner tube and baby food.

So, the other day I used the finest holes on my cheese grater and tossed some into my taco meat. It took a little extra cooking to get the liquid off, but no one was the wiser! I also put it, grated, into soups and spaghetti sauce. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

No comments: